Child FIRST IS:
- A Child and Family information referral support team for children, young people and families living in the Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley and Wyndham areas
- A Central Intake for Family Services
Child FIRST can:
- Provide information and advice to help support families
- Support you to access the service you need (Family Services or other)
- Consult with culturally specific workers about your needs
Child FIRST Process:
- Wherever possible the referral and initial assessment with you is completed over the telephone however; there are times when Child FIRST will come to your home to complete the assessment with you.
- For some families referred there may be an immediate response that is required, for example, linking a family into respite, a housing service or material aid.
- All referrals to Child FIRST and our agencies are prioritised for casework or active holding through our weekly allocations meeting
- Active Holding is a one off intervention or low level support until the case is allocated